Recipes|Feb. 17, 2018
Potato and Corn Chowder
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 30 min
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups of chicken stock or reduce-sodium broth
- 1 lb. russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14-oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup frozen, thawed corn
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Crumbled bacon and fresh thyme (optional toppings)
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until very crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in stock, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cream-style corn, corn, milk, thyme and Worcestershire sauce; cook until heated through.
- Crumble bacon into chowder and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with additional crumbled bacon and thyme, if desired.
View original recipe at https://www.potatogoodness.com/recipes/potato-corn-chowder/